Thursday, August 9, 2007

Hey there...

My head is achin'.. I don't know if I am sleepy or wide awake. I feel like I have been playing endless nights in the Winfield festival campgrounds until dawn...however, here I sit in a Korean airport at 8:00 in the morning, their time, Thursday, August 9th. We are waiting for our final flight to take off at 10:40 to Qingdao.

The long flight wasn't as bad as I thought since it was an overnight flight, whatever that means in clock terms. We awoke at 2:00 a.m., LA time, surrounded by beautiful Korean stewardesses dressed in lovely garments with bright red aprons adorned with embroidered flowers. They served us what they called a "heavy snack" or what we would call a full course meal...a strange moment but it only added to the many mysteries of our journey. The Korean women's dark almond eyes, flawless skin and hair pulled formally into a chignon (sp?) at the nap of their necks made me feel I was looking into a surreal watercolor painting ..and did I mention their tiny little hats perched to one side of their heads?

We arrived at the Korean airport at 5:00 in the morning...took a long walk, had coffee and a quick jam session..our fingers have been aching for our instruments.
This afternoon, after we arrive in Qingdao, we will have a time to meet with the tech people.
Dierik, I and Alan, (he's pretending he's sleeping but don't believe him) have to finish watching a Korean soap opera on the airport television..Jake is checking out one root of ginsing for $75..don't worry Mom and Pop Clayton...we're keeping an eye on him....more later.

- Jane

No comments: