Friday, August 17, 2007

Jake Clayton is digging it

Hey All Ya Ironweed Fans --

Sorry I haven't blogged yet, but we all have been so busy and in culture shock.

We are all havin’ such a good time on the other side of the globe, and we’re missin’ that big heat wave y'all havin’ back there in The States (darn the luck!)

We have done more than I ever imagined here in China (Playin’ with the Taoist monks!!!!!! WOOOOHHHHOOOO!!!!!!!!!) The food has been absolutely
amazin’, and so have the people.(They seem to be shocked that we are as polite as we Are…….) We are like a bunch of rock stars over here, everybody wants there picture taken with us and they all want autographs. (They tell me my hand writing is amazing! (MOM -- I told you I had good penmanship!) The culture is really big into drinkin’, you got to tell them you don’t drink because if you have one you darn well bet they’ll make you drink 12!

In the hotel we are staying in the only music they are playin’ is Ann Murray and Ernest Tubb………….IN CHINA!!!!!!!!!!! Country Music is verrry big over here.

All I can say is 2 weeks is not enough time to spend in China but they are trying to get us to see as much as we can in the little bit of time we have here.
Bein’ over here has brought new inspiration oo our music (We have never sounded better!!!!)

Hope everthing is going well tghere in the States. See y’all soon.

From the other side of the globe,

J.C.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jake! Every time I think about you in China I just start grinnin' all over my face! Hope you're having the time of your life. Sure looks like it from the pictures, and I looked at every one! If only I'd known about this trip earlier I'm sure there'd have been a place for me in the act. Don't you think 'Foggy Mountain Breakdown' needs more cowbell?
Rock on, Jake and Ironweed!

Ms Barbara said...

Jake, you're hot!!! I bet you drove them crazy!
Barb

Sarah said...

Hey Jake! Just wanted to say hello and I miss you alot---especially at The Ole Red Barn! Take Care!

Sarah said...

Hey Jake! Just wanted to say hello and I miss you alot. Keep up the good work! Sarah--from the ole red barn